As the leading skin cancer and skin care specialist in Central Florida, Dr. Steppie and Associates in Dermatology often appear in local and national media. Here are a few examples of media coverage.
- On Saturday, August 16th, Associates in Dermatology was a featured sponsor of Local 6 Healthy Living Expo 2014 at the Altamonte Mall. See more pictures from the event here.
- In August 2014, the Surgeon General made an historic skin cancer declaration. Associates in Dermatology reached out to hundreds of local physicians providing an excerpt from the Surgeon General's recent call-to-action to prevent skin cancer as well as up-to-date statistics and pictures of different types of skin cancer.
- On July 18, 2014, Associates in Dermatology was once again featured in the Business Profile section of the Apopka Chief.
- On June 27, 2014, Associates in Dermatology was featured in the Apopka Chief for a ribbon-cutting in Apopka to commemorate the grand opening of the practice's 12th location.
- In June 2014, Dr. Michael Steppie, of Orlando-based Associates in Dermatology introduced his Targeted Skincare Regimen in all 15 Central Florida locations.
- May is National Skin Cancer Awareness Month, an annual four-week observance initiated by the Skin Cancer Foundation to help spread the word about the risk factors of this potentially devastating condition and educate Americans on ways to prevent it. During this time, Associates in Dermatology has been reaching out to the community. You might have seen Dr. Steppie's Free Skin Cancer Screening campaign advertised throughout Central FL with informative editorials on skin cancer in: Orange Appeal, South West Orlando Bulletin, Hunter’s Creek Magazine, Celebration News, Reflections Magazine (for Solavita Residents), Poinciana Pioneer, Osceola News Gazette, Osceola Health, The Apopka Chief, The Apopka Planter and Better Living.
- On April 25, 2014, Associates in Dermatology was featured in the Business Profile section of the Apopka Chief.
- In April, 2014, Orlando physician Dr. Michael Steppie, MD, President and Medical Director of Associates in Dermatology, recently was honored as one of America's Most Compassionate Doctors by Patient's Choice for the third year in a row.
- In 2014, for the fourth consecutive year, Dr. Michael Steppie, puts his expertise to good work, keeping Fox 35’s viewers aware of the potential harm associated with increased sun exposure.
- Once again, Associates in Dermatology's Dr. Michael Steppie ranked among the top 25 MDs practicing in the Orlando area in the February 2014 issue of Orlando Style magazine in its Best Doctors feature.
- While celebrating the holidays, Associates in Dermatology is also celebrating its silver anniversary, honoring 25 years of serving family and friends in the Central Florida area.
- In September, 2013, Associates in Dermatology opened the doors to a new office in Poinciana, it's 11th location.
- In May (national Skin Cancer Awareness Month) of 2013, Associates in Dermatology sponsored FOX Weather’s UV index for the third consecutive year.
- For nearly 25 years the leaders and staff of Orlando-based Associates in Dermatology have dedicated themselves to delivering an unrivaled level of care to patients and to serving the Central Florida community.
- In April, 2013, Orlando physician Dr. Michael Steppie, MD, President and Medical Director of Associates in Dermatology, recently was honored as one of America's Most Compassionate Doctors by Patient's Choice for the second year in a row.
- There’s a familiar face in the February 2013 issue of Orlando Style magazine. In its popular Best Doctors feature, the magazine spotlights Associates in Dermatology's Dr. Michael Steppie among the top 25 MDs practicing in the Orlando area.
- In November 2012, Dr. Michael Steppie, M.D. was featured in a recent Men's Health article titled “What Men can Learn about Health from Women” and on ABCNews.com.
- Associates in Dermatology is now the First in Central Florida to offer a new cutting edge technology for specific types of non-melanoma skin cancers called the SRT100™. Recent Media Coverage include WFTV Channel 9, WRDQ Channel 27 (aired between Dr. OZ shows), Lifestyle Magazine, Southwest Orlando Bulletin, Lifestyle Osceola News Gazette, Hunter's Creek Magazine and in the Sumter County Times.
- Besides being a dedicated member of the prestigious Amonette Circle of the Skin Cancer Foundation, Dr. Steppie stays involved in the community and also participates each year in the Skin Cancer Foundation's Road to Healthy Skin Tour which provides free skin cancer screenings all over the country.
- In The Discovery Channel's Discovery Health - Mystery Diagnosis, Dr. Steppie unveiled a rarely diagnosed case of cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis (CTX).
- In May 2012, Dr. Steppie was interviewed on Fox 35.
- In May 2012, Dr. Steppie published an article in The Skin Cancer Foundation Journal - "Skin Cancer and the Gender Gap: Why More Men Die from Skin Cancer".
- Dr. Steppie joined WebMD®'s panel of expert among the Skin Cancer/Melanoma Community®. His expertise has been recognized by this leading health portal in the United States (WebMD®'s network of sites reaches an average of 86.4 million visitors per month).
- Associates in Dermatology has been the sponsor of the UV Index on Fox 35 for two consecutive years.
- In April 2012, Dr. Steppie appeared in Orlando Style Magazine. He was listed in their Wow Factorsegment, recognizing dynamic, prominent individuals that make a positive impact within our community.
- In January 2012, Dr. Steppie was on the Cover of the inaugural Issue of the South Lake Medical Directory.
- Last year, Dr. Michael Steppie appeared on Orlando's Channel 6 News, in a segment about the risks associated with using the UV lights found in nail salons to dry nails. Researchers are finding that women who have skin cancer on their hands have one thing in common - they regularly have their nails done. Over time, the chronic exposure to UV lamps, which are like mini tanning beds, increases the risk of skin cancer and also accelerate the aging process. Dr. Steppie recommends using a sun block on your hands before or avoiding them all together and simply using a fan to dry the nails.
- Dr. Steppie has been honored with multiple Distinguished Physician Recognition Awards from the AMA (American Medical Association). In 2010, he received the Humanitarian Service Award from "We Care" and was awarded Top Dermatologist. Last year, Dr. Steppie earned The "Compassionate Doctor" Award from patientschoice.org, and at the end of June 2012, Dr. Steppie accepted The "Physician of the Year" Award.
- Mayo Clinic Study Finds Dramatic Rise in Skin Cancer in Young Adults.
My husband and I both had a wonderful experience at Dr. Michael Steppie's office in Kissimmee. We both had to have cell's removed and patient care was of the upmost. The staff was always asking how I felt and if I felt any pain. My whole experience was wonderful. When I was finished with surgery, they started on my husband. He also said his whole experience was very professional and we both recommend Dr. Steppie's office for our friends.
— Katherine R., Kissimmee, Florida