Tips for Surgery Day
Our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible during your surgical procedure. Listed below are helpful tips to help you prepare:
Information for Your Mohs Surgery:
- You will be asked to remain for observation between stages.
- Therefore, plan to be in our office all morning and into the afternoon.
- Have all meals as normal, breakfast and lunch. We do recommend that you pack snacks and drinks.
- Take all medications as normal, including aspirins and blood thinners.
- Tell the doctor if you have any allergies to medicines or have a bleeding problem.
- You may experience some delay due to prior surgeries.
- Bring something to keep you occupied while your specimens are processed.
- Wear warm socks and clothes to the office on the day of the surgery (surgical suite is kept cool).
- Do not plan any other appointment or other activities on the day of the surgery.
NOTE: This cutting-edge skin cancer treatment is performed in one of our in-office laboratories, which is subject to stringent quality and personnel requirements established by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA). The practice is also proud to be a College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited laboratory.
My husband and I both had a wonderful experience at Dr. Michael Steppie's office in Kissimmee. We both had to have cell's removed and patient care was of the upmost. The staff was always asking how I felt and if I felt any pain. My whole experience was wonderful. When I was finished with surgery, they started on my husband. He also said his whole experience was very professional and we both recommend Dr. Steppie's office for our friends.
— Katherine R., Kissimmee, Florida