Our offices remain OPEN as we are an essential healthcare provider
CORONAVIRUS 2019 (COVID-19) Important information Read More
JUVÉDERM® Injections Orlando
As you age, your skin loses elasticity allowing wrinkles and fine lines to form around your nose, lips, mouth, chin, cheeks and eyebrows. At our Orlando clinics, we can use an injectable gel (JUVÉDERM®) to restore a natural look to targeted areas of your face.
What is JUVÉDERM®?
JUVÉDERM® is an injectable hyaluronic acid that adds volume and helps to increase skin hydration. Since hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the human body, it is ideal for use as a dermal filler. The smooth consistent gel is injected into targeted areas to reverse the signs of aging by erasing (or minimizing) unwanted lines and wrinkles.
Why choose JUVÉDERM®?
Aging, environmental pollutants and exposure to the sun's damaging rays can causes your skin cells to gradually lose hyaluronic acid. As this substance dissipates, the dermis becomes dehydrated and the elastin and collagen fibers lose their integrity. In time, areas of your face can develop deep wrinkles as the skin becomes drier and thinner. JUVÉDERM® is a biodegradable gel that replaces the hyaluronic acid that has been lost over time. As it integrates between the collagen and elastin, it not only restores volume but also improves the hydration of facial skin.
Does JUVÉDERM® offer different injectable gel formulations?
Yes. Allergan global pharmaceutical company has refined its JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulations by cross-linking hyaluronic acid (HA) molecules of different weights to produce separate products for enhancing targeted areas of the face. These products are JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC. While all JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, VOLBELLA® XC and VOLLURE™ XC injectables are made up of hyaluronic acid molecules that are naturally present in your skin, different weight combinations are cross-linked to become unique products that act different from each other.
What is the difference in JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers?
- JUVÉDERM®XC plumps lips and instantly gets rid of laugh lines the same as VOLLURE™ XC and VOLUMA® XC. However, this product cannot be injected as deeply as VOLUMA® XC, and it effects only last about one year. As opposed to cross-linking HA molecules of different weights like the VOLLURE™ XC and VOLUMA® XC products, JUVÉDERM® XC cross-links using HA molecules of the same weight. This is what makes JUVÉDERM® XC a better choice for some patients while VOLUMA® XC or VOLLURE™ XC is better for others.
- JUVÉDERM®Ultra XC is an injectable filler for the lip area. It performs the same as the VOLBELLA® XC, however, just like the JUVÉDERM® XC; JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is comprised of hyaluronic acid molecules of the same weight. Its properties do not allow it to last quite as long as the JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, but depending on the patient’s need, it is sometimes a better option.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC consists of the thickest, strongest gel, which makes it ideal for injection into the cheek area. This will give your cheeks a fuller, lifted appearance. The new contour instantly gives a more youthful, full look to your face. Much research has shown that JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC provides lasting results for eighteen months to two years.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™XC blends molecular weights to create a slightly thinner more spreadable gel. JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC, then, is a perfect filler for softening laugh lines (nasolabial folds) that surround your nose and mouth. Adding volume in these areas, will give you a youthful look for up to eighteen months, and because the formula is so spreadable, it allows for natural facial movements and expressions.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA®XC has the thinnest, most spreadable gel making it the perfect injectable filler for lips and under eye areas. Whether you just want to fill out naturally thin lips or, if you are looking to get rid of those fine lines around your lips, VOLBELLA® XC can give you up to two years of natural looking fullness. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC also has significant credibility for eliminating under-eye bags.
Which JUVÉDERM® dermal filler will work best for me?
By cross-linking of hyaluronic acid molecules of same or differing weights, the resulting gel formulations allow JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC to act just a bit different from VOLBELLA® XC. Conversely, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC will give results that are just a bit different from VOLUMA® XC. With such similar names and multiple options, it can get quite confusing to know which filler is right for you. Our dermatologist will help you decide based on your goals and needs.
Why choose Associates in Dermatology for your procedure?
You should be well informed for any procedure that you are considering and product knowledge is not nearly as important as knowing what to look for in a dermal filler provider. At each of our 15 Associates in Dermatology locations, our providers have the necessary skills:
- Formal medical training
- Knowledge of facial anatomy
- Skillful artistry
- Extensive experience with the products
Our providers have the knowledge, training and experience to select the best product for your needs and can provide the injections to achieve the subtle, natural looking outcomes that you want. Furthermore, research shows that hyaluronic acid is not just a trend. Quite the opposite - HA gel fillers are thought to be the best minimally invasive clinical or cosmetic approach for treating damaged or aging skin.
How is this cosmetic procedure conducted?
After using a numbing cream to minimize any discomfort, JUVÉDERM® is injected directly into the facial skin in small amounts using an ultrafine needle. The length of a treatment session varies based on how many areas are targeted for correction and how many applications are required to achieve the desired results. Generally speaking, a JUVÉDERM® treatment takes about 30 minutes and can be easily scheduled for your lunch hour.
A JUVÉDERM® procedure is simple and convenient, and results are practically instantaneous. Since no recovery time is required, you will be able to return to your daily activities immediately. Some clients may experience tenderness, temporary redness, or minimal swelling at the injection areas which typically disappears within 24 hours. A distinct advantage of choosing JUVÉDERM® is its smooth, pliant texture that contributes to its soft, natural-looking results.
If you think it's time for a JUVÉDERM® treatment, call our Orlando dermatology practice at 800-827-SKIN (7546) to schedule a consultation and restore the natural beauty to your skin.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided by this site is intended solely for educational purposes. This information is not to be used for medical diagnostic purposes and is not intended to serve as a recommendation for treatment and/or management of any medical/surgical condition. Most of all, this information should not be used in place of a physician or other qualified health provider. If you believe you have a medical condition, please contact your physician immediately.
I...have been a very proud patient that has referred friends, Business Associates and fellow Rotarians all these past 20 years...Dr Michael’s love of his profession comes out in every conversation, his enthusiasm and up to date knowledge of his industry was very noticeable in his conversations with his Team Members today, while sharing the latest break through Technologies with me...They say “When you go to work because you love your profession, It Shows,“ it sure showed today!
— Sonny B