Our offices are OPEN / Click Here for COVID-19 Information
Tips for Surgery Day
Our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible during your surgical procedure. Listed below are helpful tips to help you prepare:
Information for Your Mohs Surgery:
- You will be asked to remain for observation between stages.
- Therefore, plan to be in our office all morning and into the afternoon.
- Have all meals as normal, breakfast and lunch. We do recommend that you pack snacks and drinks.
- Take all medications as normal, including aspirins and blood thinners.
- Tell the doctor if you have any allergies to medicines or have a bleeding problem.
- You may experience some delay due to prior surgeries.
- Bring something to keep you occupied while your specimens are processed.
- Wear warm socks and clothes to the office on the day of the surgery (surgical suite is kept cool).
- Do not plan any other appointment or other activities on the day of the surgery.
NOTE: This cutting-edge skin cancer treatment is performed in one of our in-office laboratories, which is subject to stringent quality and personnel requirements established by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA). The practice is also proud to be a College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited laboratory.
I...have been a very proud patient that has referred friends, Business Associates and fellow Rotarians all these past 20 years...Dr Michael’s love of his profession comes out in every conversation, his enthusiasm and up to date knowledge of his industry was very noticeable in his conversations with his Team Members today, while sharing the latest break through Technologies with me...They say “When you go to work because you love your profession, It Shows,“ it sure showed today!
— Sonny B